We've had SO MUCH sickness over the past two weeks! First, Luke went for his kindergarten shots on 12/12. The doctor put both he and Brady on an antibiotic because they kept having the "crud". Then, on 12/16, Haley was scheduled for her 6 month shots. I took Katie with me, because she had a sore throat, and I just assumed she needed an antibiotic too. WELL...lo and behold the child was diagnosed with mono!!! Never in my life would I have thought that. I almost fell out in the floor. Luckily, she had a mild case apparently. She was feeling back to her old self by the weekend. Her throat is still a little sore at times, but we haven't had the sleeping for days thing and high fevers that we expected. Prayers do work! Then, Brady and Haley have developed this cruddy sounding cough. I even heard Haley wheezing last night, so I've been doing breathing treatments with her. Brady threw up twice last night...and I called the doctor back first thing this morning. Mom and I took the two babies, and we got even more medicine! Brady has an ear infection and a possible sinus infection, so they put him on a stronger antibiotic. Haley has RSV, which sounds very scary...right? I asked the doctor, and he said that since she wasn't premature at all, it is basically just like a bad cold. He is keeping her on breathing treatments and put her on a steroid for a few days to keep it from settling into her lungs. FUN, FUN, FUN...and...if you haven't ever tried to give a mountain lion medicine, I'll let you borrow Brady. Sheesh! I feel like I've been through a few rounds with Hulk Hogan everytime it's medicine time.
Katie is playing basket-ball and loving it! I'll have to make a picture of her playing to share, but let me say..she is an awesome defensive player! She stole the ball probably 50 times in the last game. (We missed Saturday, because of the mono thing.) So far, they haven't lost a game. It's been great!
Brady is hilarious!!! I used to think he was into everything...boy I had no idea! The funniest thing is to hear Scottie try to keep up with him if I am busy with Haley. I get so tickled it's all I can do not to laugh out loud. He, he, he...He will be 2 on Saturday, and he is quite the little booger. I think it's called "asserting your independence", right?
Haley Bug is 6 months old now. She is sitting up somewhat, but it isn't long before she falls over. Give her a few weeks, and she'll figure it out, I'm sure. Of course, she says "da da da da da" all the time. Scottie eats that up. I told him that was fine...just line both of us up and see who she reaches for. =)
Well, if anyone out there still reads, this is the life of the Bartons right now. I hope the rest of the winter doesn't find us at the doctor quite as much as we have been over these two weeks.
Merry Christmas again, and we love y'all!
Merry Christmas again, and we love y'all!
Lots of love, Kelley
No comments:
Post a Comment